NEWS OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Public Meeting for Wyoming and Palomas Traffic Signal Design and Construction on Thursday, March 22
The City of Albuquerque Municipal Development Department invites you to a public meeting on Thursday, March 22, 5:30 p.m., at the Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, 9201 Balloon Museum NE, to present design information and construction impacts relating to a new traffic signal at Wyoming and Palomas NE. An informational flyer is attached. For questions, call 505-768-3679 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Veteran Property Tax Exemption Workshop Today!
Know a military veteran? Today’s workshop, focusing on military property tax exemptions, will be held Monday, March 19, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Cottonwood Mall, 10400 Coors NW. Representatives from the NMDVS, Bernalillo County Assessor, and Sandoval County Assessor will be on hand to answer questions and give information about how military veterans can utilize this property tax exemption. There is also a general Veteran’s Outreach event on Thursday, March 22 at the Lomas Tramway Library, 908 Eastridge NE at 10:00 a.m. Please bring your DD-214! For more information, e-mail: email@example.com
Library’s Learning Express Builds Academic and Workplace Skills
Have you checked out the ABC Library’s free online Learning Express tool yet? It offers a wide variety of educational and work skill resources, including tutorials in math, reading, and writing; practice tests; eBooks, GED, ACT, SAT and AP test prep, and much more. And all you need is a library card! Visit:www.abqlibrary.org/learningexpress to find out more!
March Madness Comes to Holiday Park Community Center!
March Madness is everywhere! The Holiday Park Community Center, 11710 Comanche NE, is hosting a free 4-vs-4 Basketball Tournament on Saturday, March 24 and you’re invited to participate. If you’ve always wanted to show off your free throw skills, hit that slam dunk, or generally channel your inner Harlem Globetrotter, check it out from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Participants must be 16 or older. Visit:http://www.cabq.gov/family/facilities-centers/community-center-locations/northeast/holiday-park-community-center to learn more.
Neighborhood Association (NA) Meetings Around Town
- Albuquerque Meadows NA, Monday, March 19 at 6:00 p.m., Albuquerque Meadows Clubhouse. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Semillas y Raices Community, Tuesday, March 20 at 6:00 p.m., At Center Square (AC2). E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- Sawmill Area NA, Tuesday, March 20 at 6:30 p.m., Sawmill Lofts. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Los Duranes NA, Wednesday, March 21 at 6:30 p.m., Los Duranes Community Center. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- McDuffie-Twin Parks NA, Wednesday, March 21 at 6:30 p.m., 5000 Marble NE. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Taylor Ranch NA Annual Meeting, Wednesday, March 21 at 6:30 p.m., Don Newton Taylor Ranch Community Center. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- District 4 Coalition of NA, Wednesday, March 21 at 6:30 p.m., North Domingo Baca Multigenerational Center. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- District 6 Coalition of NA, Wednesday, March 21 at 6:30 p.m., 1409 Ortiz SE. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- International District Healthy Communities Coalition, Thursday, March 22 at 9:00 a.m., Highland Baptist Church. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Heritage Hills NA, Thursday, March 22 at 7:00 p.m., Dennis Chavez Elementary. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- Monterey Manor NA Annual Meeting, Thursday, March 22 at 6:00 p.m., Monterey Baptist Church. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- District 8 Coalition of NAs, Thursday, March 22 at 7:00 p.m., Holiday Park Community Center. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
Community Policing Council (CPC) Meetings This Week
- Northwest Area Command, Wednesday, March 21 at 6:00 p.m., Don Newton Taylor Ranch Community Center.
- Valley Area Command, Thursday, March 22 at 6:00 p.m., Wells Park Community Center.
Are you interested in serving as a member of your CPC? Visit:https://www.cabq.gov/police/community-policing-council/community-policing-council-application/community-policing-council-application to apply online!
Workshop Offers Free Resources for Planning for College
Are you planning ahead for your child’s college education? A free workshop hosted by the Hispanic Scholarship Fund will be held Wednesday, March 21, 5:30 p.m., at Albuquerque High School may be just the thing for you! This 3-hour seminar will cover: preparing and paying for college, applying for scholarships, and researching additional financial aid. Light dinner and refreshments will be offered, and drawings for prizes will be held, so you can’t miss this great opportunity! Space is limited, so register today at: www.hsf.net/events
Rise and Try Week Hosts Family-Friendly Events at the Balloon Museum This Week
Coinciding with Albuquerque Public Schools Spring Break, Rise and Try Week returns with a series of family-friendly, educational, and entertaining experiences offered by the museum during the week of March 24-31. Admission is free. For more information, visit: https://www.cabq.gov/culturalservices/balloonmuseum/events/rise-and-try-week-2018
Bernalillo County Hosting CIP Informational Meeting on Tuesday
The Bernalillo County Capital Improvement Program (CIP) invites you to attend an informational meeting on Tuesday, March 20, 6:00 p.m., at the Hiland Theater, 4800 Central SE. The meeting will inform the public about the 2018-2024 Capital Improvement Plan and 2018 general obligation bond questions that will be on the November ballot. Additional meetings will be held throughout April. For more information on the CIP and the other meetings coming up this spring, visit:
ONC Neighborhood Toolbox Offers Resources to Combat Online and E-mail Scams
With the increase in reported attempted cyber theft among our neighborhood associations, we’ve worked with Albuquerque Police Department and the District Attorney’s Office to put together ideas and suggestions for helping prevent identity theft and e-mail scams. Visit our online Toolbox at: www.cabq.gov/office-of-neighborhood-coordination/neighborhood-toolbox